Saturday, September 6, 2008

Life at the Dawson's


Well, this certainly is a venture for me, and something I have alway's wanted to do, just never done it. I certainly enjoy going to other blogs, and catching up with the master bloggers of the world, but I hope to keep in touch with friends and family through this newly created blog. We just finished a fun Labor Day weekend with my brothers and their kids, and I hope to publish the pictures soon.

For those of you who don't know the Dawson's that well, I am Jimmy and have been married to my beautiful wife Leah for 15 years. We have two children, Drew, age 9 and Delaney, age 6. Our life has been pretty much a fairy tale, and we can honestly say that each day is "just another day in paradise". We'll, at least through my eyes, I feel that way. .....no, I do know Leah feels the same way. We are so blessed to have our "perfect family", and I hope to share much more about our journey in the future. I am a school administrator, and have been for 12 years, with one year off to go on an adventure ride. God has a way of helping you search for your heart and passion, and those of us who are hard of hearing, we tend to be slow learners. So, God has worked on me over the past two years in more ways than I ever could of imagined. Praise the Lord that I have a super supportive wife and family, and now I am living my dream of being a husband, father, and Principal! Life is good. Leah taught elementary school for 6 years before staying home with Drew and Delaney. She is now back teaching 2nd grade this year after 9 years of being super mom! Now, she is super duper mom and dad is stepping up and taking on many more roles to help keep up the house. Fortunately, Drew and Delaney can fend for themselves in many areas which help us more than ever.

For now, I am going to try to post pictures, and I hope to have some fun things to write about for you to read each week. Thanks for taking off on this journey with me.


No comments: