Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Leah's Update = From Malls to Marathons

FROM MALL'S TO MARATHONS! LEAH DAWSON ON HER RUN:
Wow. To those of you have been praying for us, cheering us on and laughing. I can not say enough...THANK YOU!! I started this whole thing not being able to run 4 houses. Yes, I said 4 houses. I have trained since July and now can truly run a solid 3 miles fine. I reached my personal goal...3 miles w/out stopping.
So, a little about that day. I started with adrenaline running through my body like crazy. I went 3 miles and could have kept going. I prayed I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me over and over. My running buddy was ready to stop at 3miles, which is usually me, so I stopped and walked with her at that point. I could not leave my wing man. I could not believe how good I felt and that I could have kept going. God is good. It was so HIM!! I started running again and felt so good. I was amazed. I saw a sign with a scripture from Samuel That said God said "run". It fired me up and I ran!!!! So powerful.
At mile 9 I am hurting. Both hips, knees and left shoulder from tension. I kept praying and God showed me another man with a sign that had the scripture from Isaiah "They will soar like eagles, and not grow weary". Again, I got so emotional! I kept running.
We would go 4min, walk 1, etc. Always taking advantage of the down hills. By the time I had been going for 3 solid hours and saw the finish line, my emotions could not hold it back any longer. I LOST IT!!!!! Oh my! I fell into a marines arms at the finish line and he said "here princess, let me crown you. Don't cry" as he put my medal around my neck. I didn't even see his face but I know whose arms wrapped around me. Jesus was there all along carrying me through. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, including birth! But so completely rewarding!!
I have to say. I love my husband! Jimmy has been so supportive and so sweet through this entire thing. He is so proud. He did awesome. Ran the entire thing in 2 hours! He met me after I was done and was so sweet and so proud of me. I fell into him and bawled and he was pretty choked up to. It was a sweet moment. I will not do another 1/2 marathon, but loved the experience. Not so much the pain I am still having 2 days later, but wow! So, thanks and I love you all supportive friends and family!!




OUR GRANBURY GANG AFTER THE RUN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got tears in my eyes when I read the part about the Marine holding you and giving you the medal. What an experience. So proud of you!!!!